I have heard from so many of you about how my blog posts about my keys to packing light and my 5 favorite things have helped you prep for your solo adventures.
I love lists because they are so easily accessible when packing so I thought as we are in the Holiday Season, perhaps I might share a Few More of My Favorite Things for Solo Travel.
1. Gucci Bloom Rollerball Perfume. Just because I’m traveling doesn’t mean I can’t take my signature scent with me. Traveling light means not taking large bottles of perfume along but this rollerball kit is just what the doctor ordered for my travel-size must-haves. One lasts at least a month or more.
2. High Fidelity Concert Earplugs. Recently I was staying at a hotel in Playa del Carmen that was right next door to a restaurant that had live music until 2 am in the morning on a Sunday night. I slept like a baby thanks to these! What I love most is that they can clip onto a key chain so you don’t lose them and they are reusable.
3. Addalock. A new friend turned me on to this wonderful portable lock. It gives an added sense of security for me especially when staying in short-term rentals where housekeepers and others sometimes have a pass key or code for entry. It is a lock you can attach to the door to make it harder for someone to enter even with a key or code. Coupled with the Jamm doorstop wedge I never travel or sleep without, you should sleep a little better at night alone.
4. Coconut Non-Dairy Creamer Powder Packets. When you suffer from lactose intolerance as I do, but can’t stand to drink your coffee black, a great powder non-dairy creamer becomes critical to the travel experience.
5. Badger Mosquito Repellent Balm stick. I am constantly looking for the next best thing for keeping mosquitos from biting my bald head. I tried this product on my recent wonderful visit to Merida, Mexico (link here to read about it) and I’m happy to report I wasn’t bitten even once. That alone puts it on the new favorite things list!
Honorable Mention: Flushable Wipes: In many places, you may find that public restrooms don’t have toilet paper. This can be very disconcerting when you really need to wipe if you know what I mean, so for this reason I carry a pack of flushable wipes in my purse at all times.
What do you think of my list, and what would you add to it? Leave me your thoughts in the comments.